Mr. Joseph Zhou is co-President and co-founder of The Southern Regional Investment Center Inc., which its special focus is on developing The EB-5 program to service Asian investors. He is an alumnus of The Leadership North Carolina (LNC) XVII Class (www.leadershipnc.org). The LNC alumni include both governor and former governors of The State of North Carolina, Senators, and Congressional Representatives, and senior executives in both public and private sectors in North Carolina.
Joseph has over 20 years of investment banking and risk management experience with Merrill Lynch, and Laurentian Bank of Canada. He is an entrepreneur; he successfully established the Community College Student Health Insurance Plan for community college student in North Carolina. It is the first statewide plan for community college students in the country. This Plan was awarded the 2010 Triangle Health Care Heroes award by the Triangle Business Journal.
He is also actively involved community development; he is on the Board of Director’s of The National Association of Asian American Professionals (NAAAP, www.naaap.org) in North Carolina, which is also the largest and fastest growing Asian American professional organization in the US. He was also on the Board Director’s of The American Red Cross in The United States. Joseph was The U.S. Census 2010 Wake County Complete Count Co-Chair, working closely with The U.S. Department of Commerce and Wake County government. Doing this, he has developed a region based outreach program specifically targeted to the minority community, particularly new arrival immigrants’ to ensure a successful complete count. He has been invited for several panels for multiple business forums and has been invited to The White House for business related briefings. He has also received several awards for his contribution to the society.
1. North Carolina Minority Executive Education Institution Certificate of Achievement (2005)
2. Certificate of Reorganization – in honor of your company’s vision, success and community contribution, US Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce, and Wells Fargo (2008)
3. Businessman of the Year award, singed by the President George W. Bush (2003)
4. Triangle Business Journal 2009 Healthcare Hero (2010)
5. Certificate of Recognition to North Carolina Technical & Community College Student Health Plan, US Pan Asian Chamber of Commerce (2010)
6. Small Business Award by the North Carolina Institute of Minority Economic Development (2010)
Joseph is married with two children, Margaret and Christina. Margaret recently graduated from UNC Chapel Hill with Computer Science major (Honor). She will work for Google in Mountain View, California soon and Christina will be Cary High School this fall.